Friday, August 27, 2010

NoTD-China Glaze First Class Ticket

One coat of ChG ridge filling base coat. Every time I use it, I dislike it more. It takes a long time to dry, and stays tacky.

Two coats of First Class Ticket. I think three coats would have been perfection, but two is pretty good. The first coat looked like thick grape concentrate. The second coat covered well and brought it to near opacity. In ordinary light it looks nearly perfect. It's only when you shine a very strong light on the polish does it look less than perfect. The color, at two coats, is gorgeous. Deep reddish purple base, with a blue purple overtone, and multi colored shimmer with some blue in it.  It seems to change depending on the lighting. At one point, reddish purple, then bluish, then just an amazing purple, and the blue shimmer comes and goes. It's a lovely color.
One coat of Essie To Dry For. It seems to be an excellent top coat. So happy I bought it.

I bought the new Maybelline Eye Studio gel eyeliner the other day when I was shopping at Target. I almost put it back, telling myself I already had a gray gel liner, and that I certainly didn't need another. At the last moment, I figured what the heck and tossed it into the basket. I've used it twice, and so far I like it. The gray is just the shade I've been wanting, the texture is nice, application is easy, and I actually like the little brush that comes with it. The bristles are just the right length and stiffness to make application smooth and easy. It doesn't smudge, and lasts for at least 7 hours, so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment