Friday, August 6, 2010

Nail of the day: Zoya Gilda.

I've had this on for about a day and a half. Really pretty color, glittery, foily, flashy texture, but smooth. It was kinda sheer, so I did three coats instead of my usual two. I like the color, although Hayden seems to still be the "omg, I love this color" polish. I did the usual Zoya base coat, 3 coats of Gilda, and a coat of Poshe. The bad thing about this is that I have tip wear very badly. I don't know why. It might be the color, or it might be the Poshe. It's not shrinkage, either. I can feel the top coat and polish has worn off. Maybe the Sparkle collection doesn't have the durability the other colors do.

Untrieds: one Confetti polish, one Color Club (worth the risque), three China Glaze-Emerald Fitzgerald, First Class Ticket, Bogie.

I used Color Club Revvvolution earlier this week, and have to admit to being disappointed with it. I'd read such glowing reviews on nail blogs, but I felt the holo shimmer just wasn't as amazing as I expected. In fact, the previous CC holo I tried, Fashion Addict, was far better as far as holo shimmer. They're from different collections, so maybe that's a reason. Worth The Risque is from the same set as Revvvolution, so I think that'll be a good comp.

No comments:

Post a Comment