Monday, April 25, 2011

NoTE

New term: NoTE-Nail of The Evening, since I almost always polish in the evening, not the morning or afternoon.

Today's NoTE is Zoya Tanzy. It's sheer, with a pink coral base and tons of gold shimmer. When you let your nails catch the light, it transforms from a lovely coral to a dazzling golden orange. I'm not sure if I like this color, because I'm not a fan of orange. It's a nice change, however, from my preferred purples, grays, greiges, taupes, and pinks. Because this one is so sheer, I did four coats to get a good color. If you're so inclined, you might want to try five and see how saturated that gets, but I stopped at four.

The base on Tanzy is similar to, but lighter than, the base for Rica. Apple's base is a lovely aqua/turquoise. I wish Zoya would develop these base colors on their own. They'd make great jellies, I think.

I was really enjoying MAC Blue India still, but my  nails had several run ins with the cheese grater this evening. After that, it was time to change the polish. I think I did a great job on application this time. I took my time and was careful to not push up against the cuticle like I usually do. I need to be more patient every time and not just slap polish all over everything near me. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment