Tuesday, April 12, 2011

NoTD-Zoya Apple

Last night, despite feeling a little ill, I did my nails using Zoya Apple, a bright apple green, like its name.

One coat of Orly Bonder
FOUR coats of Apple
Zoya Armor
Qtica drying drops

Yeah, four coats of Apple. That's nuts. It's still not opaque, but I don't think anyone else will notice. I got tired of polish shrinkage with the fast dry top coats, which is why I chose to use the Armor/drying drops combo. Right away I can see a difference in glossiness. Armor isn't as thick and glossy as Poshe or Seche Vite.

The man does not like this color. I don't like its sheerness, but am not sure if I like the color.

Edited to add more info and further thoughts.
Apple's base color is a pretty turquoise shade. All the gold shimmer added turns it into that bright green you see in the pics. It's nice enough, but after two days, I got tired of it. I doubt it'll be a color I wear often, at all.

Using Armor with drying drops resulted in no shrinkage, but minimal shine. I did get less tip wear, but I'm not sure it was worth it, overall. I'll try it again with other Zoya colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment