Sunday, April 17, 2011

NoTD-Franken

Some time ago I frankened a nail polish. What that means, for those who don't know, is mixing a bit of this color, a bit of that color, and coming up with a new color. I wanted to create the perfect light purple shimmer, which no one makes.  I mixed 4 or 5 colors together, but it was never just right, so I gave up. Feeling utterly bored with the polishes I have, I thought it was high time I tried this one out. Because it was mixed in a Wet N Wild Crave bottle, there's not much, and the brush is really short and not very good. The poor brush resulted in a less than acceptable application. However, I'm intrigued by the color. I can't judge it fully in the light in here, but so far it's not bad.

Light purple/lilac, with a pearly shimmer finish. There's a blue/gray tone to it that's rather nice. I'm not sure if it's too pearly. Once I can see it in daylight I can judge it much better. Three coats for close to full opacity, due to the large amount of FingerPaints Private Collection in it.

So far I'm kinda liking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment