Friday, May 13, 2011

NoTE-FingerPaints Winter Wishes

Winter Wishes is a champagne gold shimmer with light gold glitter, that was part of the winter/holiday collection for 2010. By the time I decided that I did, indeed, want it, it was sold out here. I  made a sad mention of it on Facebook, and my friend Kerry generously went out and got one for me. Thanks! :D

The first time I wore it, it was thick, goopy, crazy bumpy, and a total mess. In fact, I had so many coats of stuff on my nails, the whole thing just peeled right off. Fast forward a couple of months, and I wanted to wear it again. I've thinned it some, and it's better now.

Last night's application-still a little thick, but not unmanageable. Good opacity in two medium coats. Color is fabulous. Now that it's thinner, the glitter shows through much better. It literally twinkles on my nails. A touch more thining and it'll be nearly perfect. It is very bumpy, so you'll need either several coats of thick top coat, or one or two coats of Gelous, then top coat. In fact, I have to go over all the nails again with more Gelous. If your layers aren't thick enough, the top coat will fade and the bumps will become more prominent.

Winter Wishes is a great color for spring, and I'm glad I gave it another try.

No comments:

Post a Comment