Saturday, December 18, 2010

NoTD-Zoya Edyta

Dark, golden green, with gold shimmer. Very pretty, very seasonal. Does not wear well. I've had it on for about 48 hours, and I have noticeable tip wear, and a couple chips already. Also, my beloved To Dry For by Essie is not making me happy. I've been talking it up because I was so happy with the quick dry time and the glossy finish, but it failed me miserably on my FingerPaints mani, and didn't fare well on this one. It looks dull, as if I didn't use a top coat at all. I don't know what's going on with it, but at this rate, it'll quickly become a has been.

The FingerPaints mani was...interesting. The color was surprisingly bumpy and thick, and just swallowed the Essie top coat. I ended up putting seven layers of stuff on, and then it all peeled off. The color is gorgeous, and I might put a drop of thinner in to see how that works. Next time I'll go straight to the Seche Vite top coat. It's thick, so it works better with bumpy polishes.

Next up is Scrangie, by Rescue Beauty Lounge. I just received this the other day, courtesy of Saucey, who's utterly fabulous. :D After that I'll revisit the FingerPaints color, in honor of Kerry's visit to NorCal. I'm going to test something first, however. I'm curious how close the FingerPaints color and $OPI Queen of Everything are. I'm thinking about doing an accent manicure, but sort of a reverse. Most people do a "normal" color, and then choose either their ring fingers or their thumbs to apply the glitter color to. I'm going to switch it up, and have the accent color be Queen of Everything. That's the idea, anyway. I'll have to test to see how it'll look.

No comments:

Post a Comment